rich - Englisch
n. wealthy people, people with great financial resources
The dark rich soil on the banks of this river provided fertile ground for my father’s crops.
“I believe he is very rich, Fred,” hinted Scrooge’s niece. “At least you always tell me so.”
“Ahem!” went the lawyer, “And what else would you do if you were rich?”
“He is rich then?”
“Do you believe they are as rich as Monsieur de Nucingen or Monsieur de Gondreville?”
“Not at all, Monsieur Fix, not at all! We are simply going to place her under the protection of one of her relatives, a rich merchant in Hong Kong.”
Cedric respected and admired him very much, and considered him to be a very rich and very powerful individual.
“Mr Fogg,” Mrs Aouda replied, “it is for me to ask that question. You were ruined, but now you are rich...”
Another chap was also happy; it was an old fellow who, although he had always been rich and well placed in society, had never known real happiness.
“That is a good thing,” said Cedric innocently. “I would like very much to be rich.”
1. fertile: abounding, abundant, plentiful, bountiful, ample, productive, plenteous
2. wealthy: affluent, well-to-do, moneyed, opulent
3. expensive: costly, opulent, elegant, valuable, lavish, estimable, high-priced
4. deep: strong, vivid, bright, gay
5. sonorous: full, mellow, harmonious, resonant, sweet
6. laughable: absurd, preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical