blank - Englisch
adj. empty; lacking expression
v. erase, make blank; block, prevent entrance
The other simply looked blank and said nothing.
Alice did not want to accept this conclusion without knowing how old the Lory was, and, as it refused point blank to say, the debate was terminated.
"You see, it’s like a magic wand. With it you can create anything on a blank canvas - and you’ll never feel alone!".
For every illustration there was a blank section for notes about where and when one had seen the respective bird.
I think, from his blank look of amazement, that he was under the impression that I had taken too much champagne, or something.
With it you can create anything on a blank canvas - and you’ll never feel alone!”.
He had filled in the blanks with his name and description of his person; and at the foot were very conspicuous the signatures of two residents of the rue de la Pompe, a tavern-keeper, and a friend of the concierge.
“Bad dog…” He sprayed the beast point-blank in the nose and eyes.
“No stars. They get washed out because of the city lights.” She hadn’t noticed, but he was right. Above them, where usually it would be bursting with stars, it was a blank slate.
100 mcl of process solution of streptavidin peroxidase conjugate was added to each well, except to the chromogen blank.
1. amazed: vacant, astonished, muddled, perplexed, bewildered, dazed, confused
2. empty: vacant, white, unadorned, fresh, undistinguished, unused
3. absolute: complete, total, unqualified, unconditional, entire, perfect, unadulterated
4. void: emptiness, vacuum, space, vacancy, cavity, abyss, hole
5. form: questionnaire, application